Affiliate Pages (for Vertu employees only)
Last revision was made Sept 20th, 2019.
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
- Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
- Child – a natural person under 18 years of age.
- We/us (either capitalized or not) –
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
In the European Economic Area, you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details
If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address, passwords, billing information etc.– it is information that is necessary for providing our content writing and other services to you and to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide in order for you to login to your account, access purchased information, and perform other activities on our website.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to provide a better experience for you. We may also obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and social media profiles.
In short, we use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our services to you.
- Enhance your customer experience;
- Fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate business grounds and/or with your consent.
With your consent, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. We use the information you provide to facilitate account creation that allows you to purchase our Content & Copywriting services.
- To fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- To communicate with you regarding our services, and / or respond to your questions;
- Your online account will remain active as long as you are using our services. All accounts that are inactive for 24 months will be deleted.
- All orders placed will be anonymized after 3 years (and you will loose access to view them from your account).
- Comments made on blog posts will be left indefinitely (unless you ask us to remove the information). If your account is deleted, this information will be anonymized.
- Information submitted via contact forms will be deleted after 90 days.
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, and / or to fulfill business obligations.
Trusted Business Partners. We share your data with the following trusted partners in order to fulfill our services to you:
Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so.
Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level:
- Disable Cookies in Chrome
- Disable Cookies in Firefox
- Disable Cookies in Safari
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer
Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures (such as using https://) designed to protect the security of any personal information we process.
However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment, and not sure your username and password with anyone.
No, we do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com or send regular mail to:
Vertu Publishing – Vertu Marketing LLC
836 Village Well Ct